SC|BW Coaching Group
Next Coaching Group Session begins February 18, 2012 (Learn More)
***Early Bird Special - Register by Friday, January 18 and save over $30***
Small Church/Big Worship Coaching Group is specifically for worship leaders (full-time, part-time or volunteer) or senior pastors looking to develop the worship ministry in their smaller church. It's designed with the small congregation in mind, both in content and cost.
As the leader of a smaller church worship ministry, you'll learn how to use what God has already given you to create remarkable worship gatherings and develop an exceptional worship team to make it happen. You'll connect with other leaders in the group who share similar challenges and help and encourage each other.
What qualifies as a small church?
For this group, a small church is defined as less than 200 people (average weekly attendance). Even though there are big differences between a church of 180 and a church 60, there are some significant similarities that make worship and music both unique and challenging. [top]
February 2013 - July 2013 Session - Now Accepting Applications
This coaching session will begin February 18 at 8:45 PM EST/EDT.
Begins Spring 2013 - Now Accepting Applications
How big is each group? In other words, will I get plenty of interaction and helpful attention?
To keep the interaction within the group high, each coaching group is limited to 6-12 people. [top]
- Understand small church dynamics (and use them to your advantage)
- Develop and manage a worship song catalog that's manageable for both your team and your congregation.
- Implement a song rotation system that effectively introduces new songs, intentionally moves songs through a life-cycle that keeps your repertoire from getting too large.
- Move from "planning songs" to designing a journey of worship.
- Break free from comparing your church to larger ministries and their definitions of "excellence." Instead, learn what it means to create remarkable worship gatherings in your context.
- Attract, qualify and keep new musicians. (Even learn how to grow from outside your church.)
- Schedule musicians in a way that avoids both burnout and entitlement.
- Create a culture on your team that encourages preparation.
- Develop multiple leaders and empower gift/talent-based ministry.
- Receive professional and peer feedback on your worship service. You'll be able to have at least two of your worship services assessed via video during this session.
- Spend some one on one time with Jon to develop and implement a vision to grow and develop your ministry. [top]
What's the time commitment?
Participants must commit to the entire 6 month of the session. Each month, there will be a 90-minute coaching call/video chat, as well as required reading and preparation prior to each month's call. [top]
How much does this cost?
Because SC/BW Coaching Group is designed for churches with smaller budgets, it's about 1/3 the price of other worship coaching programs. The upcoming session's fee is $43 a month. If you pay for all six months in advance, it's only $39 a month.
Early bird special: If sign-up before Friday, January 18, 2013, you can save over $30.
How do I sign-up (or at least, what's the next step)?
If you're interested in participating, complete this online application. This doesn't obligate you to join the coaching group, but it also doesn't guarantee your spot. Once you've submitted the application, Jon will contact you for a brief follow-up interview. If both of you agree that this is a good fit, you'll be given the payment options and enrolled in the group. [top]
What if I hate it? Can I get my money back?
Short answer: yes. Not quite as short: if you're not satisfied with this coaching group within the first two months, Jon will refund the entire amount you've paid. After the first two months, refunds will be prorated. [top]
What kind of technology do I need to participate?
It's important that you have a computer equipped with a webcam and microphone. You'll likely need a Google+ or Skype account for video chatting. Both are free. You'll be required to video tape at least your service and load the non-preaching portion of it to YouTube or Vimeo for review. [top]
(If all this technology stuff scares you, you probably know someone that can help you set it all up in exchange for lunch at Applebee's.)
Fill out the no cost Small Church/Big Worship Coaching Group Application.